Friday, January 13, 2017

Progress on La Hacienda Bonita & new miniatures.

OK, I gave the Spanish farm a name. I have started the process of spackling the evil thing. 15mm is small when it comes to trying to spackle the wooden model. I did not have this much trouble with the stand along model that I did for an East Front building. That same building mounted with walls and base is just a pain to work on. I have completed 2 sides of the two story building. I am leaning heavily on Rich's tutorial that he has posted on the TFL blog and on the Charlie Foxtrot instructions. They are both great. Not sure how exposed brickwork will work in 15mm.

The plastering portion of this exercise is not pretty. So no pictures on that. But I did receive my eBay purchases yesterday. I was really worried when I got the box.

As you can see, the postman must have sat on the box. But the miniatures inside were well packaged. I only had one issue. The mounted General came off his horse and the horse suffered some paint chipping. Fortunately, I did not buy that bunch for the mounted officer. I just wanted the infantry from that pack.

I now have two good groups of voltigeurs for my Napoleonics. Some need to have their pants repainted.

Here is the second batch from the same box that were unscathed.

I am not to sure about the officer in the second picture. Why is wearing a different hat than the others? I know the Brit officers had that kind of hat. I wonder if they used a different hats. The officers from AB all wore the same hats at their troops. Anyway, very excited to get these in. I should be able to get them based in short order. I will now have a full company of Chasseurs, a group and a half of Carabiniers (Plus an officer, an NCO and two drummers) and two groups of Voltigeurs. Not too bad. I also have cavalry and artillery support for the French. Once I have some terrain, I am ready for a campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment